Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Wow, so much to say... so little time! First off, just wanna say sorry that this is coming in so late. We went to the Temple today and it was awesome!

I've received sooooo many emails this week and I just wanna say how much I love all of you and also that I'm sorry if I do not get back to you. I try to email everyone back as soon as possible, but Elder Wilson makes sure I don't go a minute over :'( I truly am blessed with the best friends and family in the world!

New Leaders

With the recent leave of the oldest District, 11D (who were awesome and like my best friends)... our District, 11A, is now the oldest in the Branch. This means that we now provide the Zone Leaders from our District to the Branch. And you'll never guess who the new Zone Leaders are... Elder Wilson and his companion Elder Reynolds. The District Leader was replaced with Elder Styler, and he is filling the position AMAZINGLY. Elder Styler is a great Leader and is going to do great things on his mission. 

Elder Morris

I had a really cool experience with one of my buddies in the District Elder Morris. Elder Morris is a very hard worker... but, at first meeting him, you get the feeling he is a bit odd. He is that, but he is also one of the kindest people I have ever met. On Tuesday, Elder Wilson and him were paired up to do a practice teaching together. I happened to be listening in on their discussion, and from what I was gathering... it wasn't going too well. When Elder Morris would give his insight, he would get shut down and told how to do a better job... let's just say I get upset. I stopped them, and said I needed to speak to Elder Morris. We went into the classroom, just us, and I just told Elder Morris that he had every right to stand up for himself. Elder Morris just stood there and said "Yeah... I know." He is usually a pretty happy guy and not soft spoken. I felt prompted to ask him if there was anything I could help him with. He then let me know that the night before his Grandfather had passed away unexpectedly... and that he had just been notified not even an hour before. We sat there in silence... then, he began to sob, and I couldn't hold myself. We both sat there and sobbed together for a few minutes. He then said "Well... at least I know where he is". I can't help but think that if only I could have as much faith as Elder Morris does... how much better a missionary I would be.

Marco

Sunday is always a special day for me. No 6 hour long classes. No language study. Just me and the Spirit. This Sunday was pretty cool because of Dinner time. The food is SO GOOD at the CCM! I know I'm not going to eat this well when I get to Peru so I'm trying as hard as I can, to eat as much as I can :) We always sit in the same spot, but this Sunday, I noticed a man sitting by himself. He is a native, and there was no one else sitting on his table. Talking to the natives is one of the funnest things to do because you get to see how truly awful you are at Spanish. I went with my Companions and we sat by this man. He told me his name was Marco and that he had been a member for 2 years now. He told me how he comes every Sunday and eats at the CCM because it's such a nice environment. He loves the people, and he loves the church. He then proceeded to tell me how bad my Spanish was :) We talked a lot just about random things: Soccer, the Olympics, whatever. He said he would be here next Sunday, so I'm getting some more topics ready to talk about so I don't look at him blank faced half the time, only saying "Si" to everything he says.

My New-Found Gift

This one will be short. I have found, while being here at the CCM, that I am not that bad at Soccer. We play Soccer every day with the Latinos, and they always want me to be on their team (maybe it's just because my spanish is so bad they can make fun of me and get away with it... Idk lol). I actually enjoy playing it now... I used to hate Soccer, but I just always guessed I was bad at it haha.

My time is about up :'( I love you guys soo much!! Keep sending me emails and stuff! It's the only thing that keeps me sane here!! Haha

With all my love

Elder Mitchell




No comments:

Post a Comment