I hope you all had a fantastic week with CONFERENCE and everything!! It was soo great, and there is definitely a special Spirit that is felt during it as a Missionary (there are just things you will only understand as a missionary).
During this conference, I got to watch every single talk in ENGLISH! Tender mercy, even though at this time in my mission, I am able to watch anything in Spanish and understand it. I was scared, however, that with this blessing I had of watching it in English, I would forget to open up my "spiritual ears" and understand the talks and messages on a different level. So, as I had done 6 months before when I could not understand the Language and was scared I would miss out on Conference, I kneeled down with full confidence, knowing that He would give liberally anything I asked of Him if I did it in Faith. I asked that He would open up my understanding and that I would be able to be edified by each one of the messages given. I went to Conference with a perfect knowledge, knowing my prayer would be answered. I have never, up until this point, have been more edified during a General Conference. I did not just hear and understand the words spoken, although spoken in my Native Tongue... I heard and understood the messages with my heart and my spirit, and I cannot describe the feelings I had during those specific times.
Some Invitations from Conference that I have taken personally:
-Go through every reference cited under Jesus Christ in the Standard Works (Russel M. Nelson)
-Study "The Living Christ" (I have taken another challenge of memorizing it in Spanish... we'll see how it goes:) ) (Russel M. Nelson)
-See others how the Lord sees them
-Read the Book of Mormon everyday personally and as a family (Family applys to me because I have a son now lol) (President Monson)
-Do those things to be able to receive a Testimony of the things I do not have (President Monson)
-Become Sin-Resistant, knowing that I will not be Sinless (Joy D. Jones)
-Never let myself be a weak link in the chain (Yoon Hwan Choi)
-Receive the "Refiner's Fire" and not look at it as disfavor from the Lord (Quentin L. Cook)
These are just a few that are from all my notes, but I hope that each one of us will receive these invitations as blessings and use them to extend our understanding and strengthen our testimonies.
Each one of you is part of the "Choir". Whatever you do "Do not leave your position!" You are all so special and needed in every moment (I also love Elder Holland's talks sooooooo much haha).
I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment