I hope you all had a fantastic week! This week, here in Nueva Esperanza, was a bit crazy, but also great! I only get a half P-Day today because we are heading to the Temple on Thursday!!!! I will be sure to have a bunch of pics next week, but as of today, I just get to email, and then we head out to proselyte again, which is fine by me:)
Last week started off pretty good, just teaching all of our investigators that are progressing smoothly. We lost one of our investigators to the Elders in Nueva Esperanza 2 because she moved, which sucked, but she will keep being taught by them which is fine by us:) That was pretty much everyday until we got to Friday... Friday was the craziness.
I got a call Friday from Bernard Morocho, the High Council Member in Villa Maria connected with the Missionary Work. He asked me if he would be able to come proselyte with us that day. I was surprised (because I was pretty sure he was acquainted with the hills here in Nueva Esperanza) but of course, I took his offer happily. We met in the park and went straight to work. I felt really bad because literally every appointment we had set fell through, so we were out in the heat, basically hiking, for 3 hours until we finally got a lesson in. However, it was great because I had the whole time to talk to him about my concerns here in Nueva Esperanza. He is really attentive and concerned about every single program in Villa Maria. He is in constant communication with President McGinn and the Stake President, which helps the mission work here dramatically.
Brother Morocho and I also talked about other stuff like his family and his work. He knows English really well because he worked for Carnival Cruise Line for 4 years. He had really funny stories, but I think one will apply to the rest of you. He said that as he got to the end of his work with the Cruise Line, a party of 300 people had paid together to go on a Cruise. He was confused, but later came to realize that it was a whole LDS Ward from Utah that had planned this trip. "Elder Mitchell, is this what you guys do for fun in Utah?" he asked me in perfect English. I couldn't help thinking that the Canyon Estates Ward needs to step up their game. Where you at Tommy?
The craziness comes mostly from while we were walking to another appointment. We stopped for a little to take a break and talk a little more, when all of the sudden, an elderly woman came running down one of the hills. She stopped next to us, sweating and breathing really hard and asked us if we knew where a bathroom was. "Ugghh, no idea, sorry". She then looked at me and asked me if I remembered her. I told her sorry and that I had honestly couldn't remember and I didn't know who she was. We then left and went to another appointment at the other side of town. After knocking at a house for 10 minutes and talking outside, I looked and saw the Elderly lady running after us again around the corner. She followed us the entire way, and she came up to me again, asking if I remembered her. She also said "I have an Alfajor for you". Alfajores here in PerĂº are amazing pastries, but I was still freaked out. Bernard told her that there was a bathroom the store "over there". He then looked at me and said "She's crazy, we gotta run!!" We then ran up the hill and got away from her. A little crazy, but also hilarious and fun:)
Sorry I don't have anything else, but I hope that you all have a great week this week and I promise I will have more next week!
Love you all so much!
Elder Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment